Tuesday, February 16, 2010

"if you see her, say hello."

if you see her, say hello
-bob dylan

my favorite Bob Dylan song. :)



if you see her say hello.
she might be in Tangier.

she left here last early spring,
is livin' there, i hear.

say for me that i'm alright,
though things get kind of slow.

she might think i have forgotten her,
but tell her it isn't so.

we had a falling out,
like lovers often will.

and to think of she left that night,
it still brings me a chill.

and though our speration,
it pierced me to the heart,
she still lives inside of me,
we've never been apart.

if you get close to her,
kiss her once for me.

i always had respected her,
in doing what she did in gettin' free.

oh, whatever makes her happy,
i wont stand in the way.

though the bitter taste still lingers on,
from that night i tried to make her stay.

i see a lot people,
as i make the rounds.
and i hear her name here & there,
as i go from town to town.

and i've never gotten used to it,
ive just learned to turn it off.

either way, im too sensitive;
or else im gettin' soft.

sundown, yellow moon, i replay the past.

i know every scene by heart,
they all went by so fast.

if she's passin back this way,
i'm not that hard to find.

tell her she can look me up,
if she's got the time.

No comments: